Posting Date: Closes 5 pm on 6 January 2017
Salary: At least $37,000 a year (based on working a 40 hour week at an hourly salary of $17.80)
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt position
Travis County ESD No. 2 / Pflugerville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant, which reports to the Assistant Fire Chief and works closely with the Fire Prevention Division as well as other members of the management team. Please review the job summary, qualifications, and instructions before applying for this position.
Only applicants meeting the required qualifications listed below need apply. If interested, please submit all required documents by the closing date as indicated. Incomplete applications will not be considered for this recruitment effort. Travis County ESD No. 2 / Pflugerville Fire Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This new, highly visible position will be part of a team performing a wide range of administrative and office support activities for members and customers of the Fire Department.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer, screen and transfer in-bound phone calls.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- Process requests for service.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Enter and manage data.
- Retrieve documents from filing and database systems.
- Support the maintenance of digital and hard-copy filing systems.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and
- Schedule and coordinate appointments for personnel.
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements for employees.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Receive and process payments.
- General clerical duties such as photocopying and mailing.
- Support, assist and develop work processes and procedures.
Experience and Education:
This position requires a customer-focused individual with a reliable work history and advanced computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and program management is required.
Experience with GIS and data base management is desired.
Required: High school diploma (or equivalent)
Preferred: College degree and/or college-level technical computer classes
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Adherence to chain of command.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem assessment and problem solving.
- Gather and monitor information, and maintain private information
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Submit the required documents in-person or via mail as follows:
1. Completed District employment application, which can be found here.
3. Letter of Interest
Travis County ESD No. 2
C/O AC Croegaert
203 E. Pecan St.
Pflugerville, TX 78660