The criteria assessed during an interview:
The panel oral board interview comes after the CPAT testing phase. This is a behavioral based interview with three to four officers of the District. The interview focuses on interpersonal and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, and motivation to be a firefighter.
Listed below are generic interview questions for practice.
1. Tell us about yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a firefighter? When did you decide on this career?
3. What is the job of a firefighter? Are you qualified?
4. Why are you leaving your current job?
5. What did you like least about your last job?
6. Why do you want to work for this District?
7. What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
8. What would your employer say about you?
9. Why should I hire you?
10. What are the attributes of a firefighter? What is the most important one to you?